Car troubles, accidents, and other issues can come up when you least expect them but by being prepared for anything, it’s easier to tackle any issue that comes your way. To help stay prepared, always keep these ten items in your car.
1. Jumper Cables – Car batteries die when you’re least expecting them too, but by having jumper cables in your car, you’ll be able to get back on the road in no time!
2. Spare Tire – If you have an older model car that doesn’t feature run-flat tires, keeping a spare tire in your car will help reduce downtime when you get a flat tire.
3. Jack & Lug Wrench – Without a jack and lug wrench, you won’t be able to replace your flat tire with your spare! Always keep these tools in your car to help repair your flat and avoid having to call AAA.
4. First Aid Kit – Whether you slipped and fell and got a cut walking back to your car or your child fell at the playground, having a first aid kit in your car to hold you over until you can get to the hospital/the EMTs arrive or help with any minor injuries.
5. Air Pump – Whether your tire pressure is low or you forgot the air pump for your air mattress while on a camping trip, a portable air pump will help in both situations!
6. Tire Pressure Gauge – If your tires feel like they might be a little low, a tire pressure gauge will tell you how much air you need to put in your tires so you don’t have to guess.
7. Durable Multi-Tool – Having a durable multi-tool that includes a screwdriver, scissors, etc. will help in almost any situation!
8. Blankets – If your car breaks down in the middle of winter, you’ll be glad that you have a spare blanket (or two!) in your car to keep you warm until help arrives.
9. Flashlight – Experiencing car problems late at night or in an area that isn’t well lit, a flashlight will help you diagnose any issues you are experiencing and be able to see the dark crevices of your car a little bit better!