Cleaning your vehicles windows is a simple task, but achieving a streak-free view is easier said than done. The inside of auto glass tends to get a film built up on it over time from the gassing of carpet, upholstery, and dashboard and door panel plastic and can be difficult to remove. Although they are not harmful, they become difficult to clean off due to their interaction with UV rays and exposure to heat. The outside of your auto glass can also be difficult to clean, especially when it is subjected to road grime, sap and pollen, and other dirt and debris.
Get your car windows clean with a streak-free view with these tips!
What You’ll Need
- Microfiber towels
- Water repellent
- Glass cleaner
- Always start the window cleaning process by first washing your car and leaving your windows for last.
- Clean the exterior of your auto glass with your glass cleaner, wiping down in a vertical motion. Once finished, wipe your windows horizontally with a microfiber towel. Continue to repeat this step until your window is clean.
- Use your microfiber towel and rub the top edge of the window that meets the door frame. You might need to apply pressure to remove any extra gunk.
- Once you have finished cleaning the exterior of your windows, repeat these steps to clean the interior of your windows.
- Once your windows are clean, apply a coat of water repellent.